Saturday, June 26, 2010

If you don't love the French countryside, you don't have a soul

So, I traipsed off to the French countryside again from Monday until Thursday last week. I was near a town called Albi, which is basically in the midst of this region that's something like Tuscany, but in France. To give you an idea of how gorgeous this place is, I give you a street in Cordes-sur-ciel, which translates to "Cordes above heaven", thus named because when it's cloudy the town (which is on a hill, obvi) is above the clouds.


This town is one of the most beautiful towns in France. I don't know who decided that, but it's a widely known fact. It's also 20 minutes from where I was staying. Which was also 15 minutes on foot from a vineyard. The countryside looks, in general, like this:


Clearly, pictures can't do this place justice. For the second time in the past month, I was living in a dream in the French countryside. I don't know how anyone can leave this.

Oh, I am also one of the champions of the university division of my first beach tourney. Don't ask how many teams were our competition, the number would only blow you away.

No comments:

Post a Comment