Friday, June 5, 2009

met the peeps...

they seem nice. I'm staying on the left bank in what seems like a fairly affluent area. Apparently Sofia Coppola lives in the same building (or so I am told). The parents are about middle aged, with kids around my age and older. They seem pretty independent, and each member of the family does his or her own thing.

oh, and they live on the top floor of a building with a broken elevator. sweet. Nothing gives a great first impression like a sweaty, disheveled New Yorker who is out of breath from trying to carry the 30+lbs bag up a narrow staircase while trying to remember the various verb tenses in french. Oh, and i misplaced my deodorant. go me.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love the misplaced deodorant part. Don't worry, I'm sure they love you! When do classes start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG YOU HAVE TO MEET SOFIA COPPOLA!!!
    and now that you've lost your deodorant, you really fit in!!! ah, france in the summertime... hit up those metros for a real diversity of "fragrances" teehee

    ReplyDelete